Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Wonderland!

A white Christmas is something that I've always wanted to see. Unfortunately, the past 24 years of my life I haven't been so lucky. Well, I guess maybe when I was a youngster and we lived in NJ there was snow on December 25th? (Mom, could you help me out with that?) Nonetheless, three weeks ago when we were in Jacksonville, wearing t-shirts while opening presents, Atlanta experienced a beautiful, white Christmas. From what I was told, it was just enough before it was annoying. Lovely, right? Well, I may not have gotten my white Christmas, but I definitely got more than I bargained for... A Snow Day Week!

This was outside of our patio Sunday night... when the snow had just begun!

Today was day 4 of sitting in the house. This is how our week has looked thus far:

Day 1: Adam attempted to drive into work (even though the entire city was shut-down and Georgia was under a State of Emergency). Yeah, he didn't really make it past the first stop sign. He was back home before the sun came up and we were thrilled that we were going to experience a real snow day! After about 30 minutes of sitting around, though, we looked at each other like what-the-heck-are-we-going-to-do-all-day-when-everything-is-shut-down-and-we-cannot-drive?! We... well, more like I played in the snow with Millie, while he enjoyed the view. There were about 20 people outside with their dogs, so we made some new friends. A little late, considering we're moving in 2 months, but oh well... Then we decided to meet Adam's brother, Ryan, at a nearby bar. (Back story: we live in a neat little neighborhood that has about 8 bars/restaurants within walking distance. So, no, we did not walk 3 miles to get a few drinks... Although, that may not have stopped us!) The only two bars that were opened, were packed! They were short-staffed (obviously), but definitely not short on drinks. Marla was a total lame-o that day and decided not to meet us. (Just kidding, future SIL- you know I love ya!)

On our way out, we passed this hill that had about 50 people sledding down. They were using all types of sleds too... You know, garbage can lids, recycling bins, snow boards, etc. Apparently not many people own real sleds in Atlanta.

Day 2: Back to a bar. And no, I'm not kidding. I told you there isn't much to do when a city is shut-down! This time I didn't drink... because 20 points for a few beers is not in the cards two days in a row! (My fellow WW girls know what I'm talking about. But if you're totally lost right now... it's ok, you're probably not alone.)
Edit: Marla did join us this time, as well as two of our other friends! Sorry, Marla... Again, the love is still there! ;)


Day 3: I was actually very productive! I cleaned out my half of the closet and am giving a bag full of clothes away. I also put my summer stuff in a drawer and hung up my winter stuff (a little late, I know), I cleaned the bathroom and also did some laundry. Sounds minor, but for a typical Wednesday, that would not have happened!


Day 4: Today consisted of organizing wedding addresses and looking up places for the bachelorette weekend! A lot of sitting around in my pjs also happened. :)

Millie was a good sport through it all, too.


So, tomorrow will be day five of this snow storm. I mean, if we didn't get freezing rain, we wouldn't be stuck at home. Some roads are still way too icy to drive on. I'm definitely enjoying my days at home, but I must admit I miss my lil' dudes at work. :)

Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I failed to appear in Day 2! You must give credit when credit is due! :)

    ReplyDelete