Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lists

Earlier this week I decided to type up a wedding "to-do" list. It turned out to be 2.5 Microsoft Office pages long. How did that happen? How can we have THAT much stuff to do when we're 42 days away from the big day? I don't know either.

I am truly enjoying every moment of this planning, but I'm gonna keep it real for a second... Planning a wedding is stressful! They don't tell you that when everyone is all rainbows and puppies and say things like, "OMG-you're-engaged-what's-the-date-did-you-get-your-dress!" With that said, I have to admit that I wish time would slow down. Not because there's still a bunch left to do, but because I am trying to take in every second of what's happening right now.

When I think about the church doors opening, my dad standing next to me and I see Adam for the first time, I get butterflies. BIG butterflies. Like I said, I'm enjoying this process. So, Time... Can you slow down? Please and thank you.

My Microsoft List is basically a more detailed version of this list:
  • Church
  • Venue
  • Food and Drink Options -Meeting is set up for August 20th!
  • Photographer/Videographer
  • My Dress
  • Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Tuxedos - Picked out and the men just need to get fitted
  • Band/DJ
  • Transportation
  • Hotels - I decided not to post intimate details on this website about the wedding. You know, for safety reasons.
  • Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Florist
  • Cake/Desserts
  • Invitations - Thanks to our wonderful friends, they are being custom made for us! They've officially been sent out and we've received responses back already!
  • Marriage License - We'll be doing this after our Pre-Cana. Did you know you get a discount if you've completed a marriage prep course? I'll take it!
  • Honeymoon - We're still deciding... Someone help us... we're struggling!

It's really the little things now: Sending the band our play/do not play list, scheduling flower pick-up, confirming appointments, dress fittings, seating chart, etc.

I love lists. They make me happy. And I love you. You make me happy because you're here, reading our blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment