Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kids.

I've decided that this blog isn't going to be 100% about our wedding. Why, you ask? Because I have one of the funniest jobs in the world and I'm finding it necessary to share my day-to-day adventures with you. :)

For those of you that don't know, I'm a nanny. The job market in Atlanta for nannies is... fantastic! And thank goodness for that! I wouldn't have it any other way :)

For my fellow nanny friends (and even mom friends), you guys will really appreciate these stories. I hope.

Let's start off with the basics: 2 BOYS, 4 and 8 years old. Enough said.

We'll call the 4-year-old Bob and the 8-year-old Joe for this scenario:

Bob stayed home from school because he had croup cough and a bad cold. (Kids 1, Ms. Lauren 0)
Joe came home from school feeling sick and fell asleep in the car.
Once Joe walked into the house, he puked all over the kitchen floor. (Kids 2, Ms. Lauren 0)
Joe went to lay down upstairs while Bob and I played a game and ate a snack.
In the middle of the snack, Bob started to feel nauseous and decided he had to puke too. He made it to the bathroom. Wohoo! (Kids 3, Ms. Lauren 0)
6pm and Ms. Lauren gets to go home. (Ms. Lauren wins!)

Yes, that's a true story.

And I still say, with 100% confidence, that I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment